Here are just some benefits of surgical microscope:
- Improved lighting and magnification aid in locating additional canals.
- Improves ability to thoroughly clean prepared canals.
- Aids in retreatment of broken instruments.
- Accurate depth of retro-prep extension can be more easily assessed.
- Improves detection and evaluation of root fractures and abnormalities.
- Allows us to minimize the size of the surgical site, reducing patient discomfort and healing time.
- Improves accuracy of microsurgical incisions and suturing with 6–0 through 8–0 sutures, permitting precise tissue/tissue and tissue/tooth approximation for primary would healing.
- Provides high-resolution video for patient education, enhanced training, and insurance/legal documentation.