28 Dec Why use an Endodontist
An Endodontist is a specialized dentist who concentrates on issues with inside the tooth. One of the most common types of procedures an Endodontist performs is called a root canal. The Endodontist will remove the infected pulp from a tooth and properly seal it.
Use an Endodontist for a Root Canal
While your dentist may be able to perform a root canal procedure, also know as an endodontic treatment, the Endodontist specialized in this treatment and typically has two to three years additional education in this specialty.
- Endodontists have two to three years of additional education, above their four years of dental school.
- Endodontists exclusively focus on the treatment of dental pulp.
- Your typical Endodontist performs on average, twenty-five root canals per week.
- Endodontists dedicate their time in diagnosing tooth pain and then treating the tooth pain.
- Endodontist use specialized techniques to ensure their patients are comfortable during their treatment by using specific pain management techniques
- Your Endodontists uses specialized material and equipment to ensure your treatment is more comfortable/successful as possible.
- Endodontists also use specialized dental operating microscopes in order to better treat inside your root canal.
- Endodontists are specialists therefore their procedure will be much more efficient resulting in a positive experience.
Comfortable Root Canal in Toronto
Are your looking for a specialist that can comfortably treat your broken or abscessed tooth with a root canal? Dr. Kilislian, Dr. Liption, or Dr. Geisler, at Willowdale Endodontics, can treat you for root canals or endodontic re-retreatments. If you would like to book a consultation please contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you.